Traditional Home Education
More options for students and their families!
Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools now offer parents the option of enrolling their children in a traditional home education program or a blended home education program.
Traditional Home Education Program
The traditional home education program offers a vibrant community of “families learning together" at home and in the community. All families are supported by experienced facilitators available to help parents in their child’s home education journey.
Some of the supports available for traditional home education students are:
1) Monthly newsletters used to inform families of the numerous activities and field trips available.
2) Activities organized and supported by Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools home education coordinators (please note that activities are currently are on-hold due to COVID-19):
- The fall musical is a 10-week program for students of all ages. The band program is available for beginning, intermediate and advanced learners.
- Monthly Collicutt activity days which include gym times and a special event such as a Penny Carnival, Craft Day, Games Day, Lego Day, Old Fashioned Field Day and Swap Meet.
3) Passwords for a variety of educational websites and current events subscriptions.
Blended Home Education Program
Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools offers blended education for parents wishing to include Alberta education curriculum in their child’s educational program.
Blended learning allows parents to combine teacher-directed subjects and parent-directed home education subjects with the support of home education facilitators. Families who choose blended learning can be included in home educational activities.
For a student to be part of our blended program the following requirements must be met:
You must be registered as a blended student prior to September 30.
A minimum of 50% of the program must meet the Alberta Program of Studies
The following percentages will apply to a student’s entire program plan.
- Language Arts 30%
- Mathematics 25%
- Social Studies 15%
- Science 15%
- Physical Education 5%
- Health 5%
- Minimum 20% of the program must meet the Alberta Program of Studies (10 Credits)
For more information on Traditional Home Education, contact Kathy Snider at 403-357-6673 or by email at email@example.com.
The Alberta Education Home Education Notification Form needs to be completed to enroll in Home Education.